REGISTRATION: All works must be hand delivered by the artist or proxy to the Cypress Community Center, 5700 Orange Ave, Saturday, September 20, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Masks must be worn. Social distancing in the queue, no exceptions.
ENTRY FEE: Cypress Art League Members: $9.00 per entry; non-members $15.00 per entry with no limit on entries. 5th entry will be free. If paying by check, please make payable to Cypress Art League. Online registration is available at this site.
VIRTUAL SHOW/AWARDS: There will be photos/taping of the pieces to allow for a virtual show. The exhibit will be shown on the City website and linked to other social media as well as CAL website and Face Book. We regret we are unable to have refreshments or a meeting at this time due to the pandemic. Awards and ribbons will be placed with the artwork in a designated “Winners Circle” in the Banquet Room for photography. There will be no display in the Gallery.
PICKING UP ENTRIES: All pieces must be picked up Sunday, September 20. We must limit the number of people in the building; therefore, you will be issued a time when you can pick up the art. The time will be noted on your Claim Form.
WORKS NOT PICKED UP BY SUNDAY 5:00 PM: You will be required to make an appointment when Community Center Staff is available and may be charged a $5.00/day storage fee.
PURCHASES OF ARTWORK: Show artwork that is designated as “for sale” may be purchased by contacting the Cypress Art League President at 714-527-7601.
1. 2-dimensional works must be dry, framed, ready to hang with screw eyes and wires to correspond with the weight of each piece. Watercolors, pastels, and drawings must be under glass. Dimensions must not exceed 48” either vertically or horizontally. Sawtooth or string or extremely fragile work will not be accepted. For this show, we cannot fix any pieces to comply.
2. 3-dimensional works, i.e., sculpture, ceramics or carvings, must not exceed 36” x 18” x 18” and 75 lbs. The artist must provide appropriate display units for large or unusual entries.
3. Artist must firmly attach name, address, telephone number, title, price (NFS if not for sale) and medium to the artwork, Attach your own label to the back upper right corner of 2-dimensional pieces and so as not to be visible on 3-dimensional works.
4. All entries must be original works. Copies of paintings, class studies or copies of published works will not be accepted. Work previously shown in any CAL Juried Art Exhibition is not eligible if it has won a monetary award.
5. There must be at least seven (7) entries in a category to guarantee fair judgement. If less than seven are submitted, there will be a 1st Place monetary award only.
6. Exhibit sponsors reserve the right to refuse any artwork considered unsuitable.
7. A 15% commission will be charged and paid to CAL for any works sold during the exhibit.